- Most accidents are the result of driving too fast for the conditions and loss of control.
- In 2014, 755 people – most of them male – were killed or seriously injured while driving on country roads.
- Country roads can be deceptively dangerous.
- Drive too fast on country roads, and you may not have time to react to the unexpected.
- That means not just obeying the speed limit, but often driving well below it.
- Country roads are unpredictable. A tractor might suddenly pull out or there may be mud on the road. Drive with care, just in case.
- Country roads can have many hazards. Driving too fast for the conditions is the most common cause of fatal accidents on country roads.
Don’t miss what’s round the corner on a country road.