Cycling is a great alternative to the car. It’s healthy, fun and it helps the environment.
- 888 cyclists were injured on the roads in Scotland in 2014.
- Most accidents occurred on built up roads.
Most accidents occur on built up roads.
Cycling Scotland provides training and information to help improve cyclists’ safety.
Cycling has lots of benefits. Here’s how to stay safe on the road:
- Be aware of other road users.
- Be seen. Wear appropriate clothing and ensure you bike has the right reflectors and lights.
- Follow the Highway Code. Don’t jump red lights and don’t cycle on the pavement unless it’s a designated cycle path.
- A properly fitted helmet may protect your head if you do have an accident.